The MSLD – Mobile School of Lighting Design – offers professional courses, workshops, seminars, lectures on light and lighting for:
- Educational Institutions: Universities and Schools
- City municipalities, Planning Departments
- Manufacturers/ Representatives of the Lighting Industry
- Professional Associations, Planners, Designers and Artists
- Educational Foundations / Humanitarian Foundations
- International Conferences and Events
The MSLD – Mobile School of Lighting Design can be appointed as consultant or Mediator for:
- Establishing new lighting design teaching programs
- Planning projects
- Communication campaigns
Contact for Bookings and enquiries:
MSLD – Mobile School of Lighting Design Ltd. is registered in England & Wales, reg. no. 9104475.
Registered office: Unit 3C, Hampton Works, 117-119 Sheen Lane, London SW148AE, Great Britain
Business Address / Post-Office:
MSLD – Mobile School of Lighting Design
Head of School Ruairí O’Brien
Antonstrasse 1, 01097 Dresden, Germany
Phone: 0049 – 351 – 899 68 88
Fax: 0049 – 351 – 8 99 68 85
MSLD-Founder and Director: Ruairí O‘Brien
- Ruairí O’Brien is a professional lighting designer, artist and architect.
- He established his interdisciplinary architecture practice Ruairí O‘Brien. Architecture. Light. Spatial Art. in Dresden, Germany in 1995.
- In 2010 he opened his lighting design studio archevolucio in London. Renamed Ruairí O‘Brien. Lighting Design. in 2016.
- He is a member of the Society of Light and Lighting (SLL), the Lichttechnischen Gesellschaft (LiTG) and founding member as well as vice president of the Federation of International Lighting Designers (FILD). He is a member of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and the chamber of architects in Saxony Germany. He represented the Professional Lighting Designers Association (PLDA) as board member for education until 2013.
- He has taught Lighting design at universities throughout Germany, the Czech republic and Russia. As Professor for Light, Architecture and Communication on the University of Wismar from 2001 to 2005 he co-initated the International Master’s program for “Architectural Lighting Design” and helped guide the program to full accreditation in 2005.
- O’Brien’s work as a light artist covers a broad spectrum which includes numerous light installations, light sculptures, live light performances and theater productions.
- He Initiated the light poetry festival “Light and Word” in Dresden which ran from 2001-2005. As a lighting designer he has worked on diverse projects in city planning, street and market square lighting, building illumination, interior design and exhibition architecture.